Another year has come and gone.
Now we welcome 2019 with renewed energy and hope to get healthy, be more productive and generally just be BETTER.
If you know me, you know I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.
However, as a highly goal-oriented working mom, I’m not above setting a few goals and helping out my fellow working moms with suggestions to make the new year more satisfying and more productive.
So without further ado, here’s a list jump start your 2019.
- I will resist the urge to volunteer out of guilt.
- I will say “No” and mean it.
- I will stop trying to stop swearing because that shit doesn’t work.
- I will schedule time in my planner for myself every week – even if it’s just for an hour.
- I will finally toss all of my stretched out bras and raggedy underwear and buy some nice shit that’s not from Victoria’s Secret.
- I will shut down toxic, time-suck people in my life who inhibit my peace of mind.
- I will use up all of my vacation time this year – and not just to visit family which is not really a vacation.
- I will ask for help when I need it no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to me.
- I will invest in my well-being including getting enough sleep, exercise and making myself look pleasing to myself.
- I will remember that I deserve good things.
Did I miss anything? Add your resolutions to the comments. Let’s go get it in 2019!