Time for a Little Nip/Tuck!November 7, 2013
I’m Sorry: What Kids Can Teach Adults About Apologies.January 20, 2014
Happy New Year! I’m back with lots of great content for you this year. I don’t normally make New Year’s resolutions. But in keeping with my philosophy of always being willing to help out my fellow working moms, I’ve compiled a little list for those of you looking to round out your 2014 goals. Feel free to add your own in the comments section.
- I will use all of the hotel bathrobes and towels and sleep in the middle of the bed on my next business trip.
- I will graciously accept compliments.
- I will multi-task as little as possible.
- I will stop trying to win the HGTV Dream Home for more worthwhile pursuits like finding the ultimate home accessories on One Kings Lane.
- When I hear, “Mooooommy!” in the next room, I will let my husband get up and see what’s going on so I can continue to watch Scandal in peace.
- I will not read the comment section to any articles about childhood vaccines, work/life balance, opting in, opting out, co-sleeping, egg freezing, Obamacare, or any other topic that unleashes the crazy in otherwise normal people.
- I will stop picking apart my appearance every time I look in the mirror.
- I will frequently unplug from my electronic devices to focus on my real-life family and friends instead of posting Instagram selfies or Facebook status updates for people I don’t know, care about or barely talk to.
- I will replace all of my dingy panties and stretched out bras with new lingerie that’s not from Target.
- I will rock 2014 like the badass boss that I am.
Nice way to start the new year! I especially like items 2, 6, 7, and 10.
Thanks, Grace. I’ve resolved to try and stop multi-tasking so much! I think it’s highly over-rated!